The Grok team is happy to announce the release of Grok 0.12.1! This is a bugfix release.
This release is available on PyPI and a new index of specific versions of packages used by this release has been frozen at http://grok.zope.org/releaseinfo/grok-0.12.1.cfg. This means that new projects created with grokproject will start using this release right away.
- Fix https://bugs.launchpad.net/grok/+bug/231106: Use the viewletmanager.sort() method for sorting viewlets by using util.sort_components().
- grok.REST views now have a properly set __parent__ attribute and will correctly allow acquisition from parent objects, as it's used by the security policy for acquiring local grants, for example.
- Fix https://bugs.launchpad.net/grok/+bug/229677: zope.app.securitypolicy egg missing. Now zope.app.securitypolicy 3.4.6 is additionally required by Grok and fetched by buildout.
- The grokkers for adapters and global utilities did not use the correct value for the provided interface in the configuration action discriminator. Because of this, uninformative and potentially wrong conflict errors would occur, as well as no conflict where a conflict should have occurred.
- The grokker for the global_utility() directive did immediate registrations instead of generating configuration actions. Therefore it did not provoke ConflictErrors for conflicting registrations.
- Removed quickly hacked testsetup code from grok.testing.
- Port fix of zope.formlib to correctly adapt the context to a FormField's interface, not the field.
To upgrade an existing project from 0.12 to 0.12.1 you have to:
- change the 'extends' directive in your project's buildout.cfg to point to http://grok.zope.org/releaseinfo/grok-0.12.1.cfg
- run bin/buildout in your project, to update the dependencies including the 0.12.1 egg of Grok itself
For the detailed changelog, see Grok's PyPI entry page http://pypi.python.org/pypi/grok
If you enjoy Grok, please subscribe to the grok-dev mailing list and join us in the #grok channel on irc.freenode.net.